Saturday, July 11, 2009

The Beauty of...

WOW!!! It has been a good 2 months since I updated you all on how things are going in my life. I think its because nothing has really been going on. I work and help and church not much more until this week. My family took a vacation to Durango, CO. My dads side of the family all came to hang out and have fun. Which is exactly what we did.
We left on our 13hr trip on Sunday 7/5 at 3am, midnight was the goal. What else can you expect from our family. My grandparents have a time share with Wyndom Resorts so that is where we stayed. Most of the time when we stay at the resorts it usually is about a mile out of the main downtown area, but when we got here we were definitely surprised to find the resort right in the middle of town. It was so cool because we really didn’t have to drive anywhere until we were heading out of town. Here is what we did throughout the week.
Monday- we took a tour of the town, and found some really good soda Zubber Fizz



Tuesday- we went out to Yankee Boy Basin. It was about 2 1/2hrs away and it had a beautiful water fall and some need wild flowers that were blooming.




Wednesday- We went to Mesa Verde National Park to see the cliff dwellings. We did a lot of hiking that day.






Thursday- We took the Land Rover off-road and I was suppose to ride a train from Silverton to Durango but I missed the train because of a flat tire at 1300ft elevation. My aunt then had to driver her vehicle on a doughnut all the way down the mountain, we had to go really slow.






Friday- We all went rafting, it would have been even amazing if we could have gone on the longer tour, but the hour ride was still fun.




Saturday- left at 10am =(
We had a pretty eventful week and I have added pictures for you to be able to see what we saw. I can tell you though these pictures don’t do what we saw any justice. When we went off-road on Thursdays the pictures that we took at 1300ft can’t even capture the true beauty of what we saw.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time! I can't find your pictures though=(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am impressed that you only left 3 hours late...there were many a times we left way later than that. :) Glad you all had a good time!

    ReplyDelete