Monday, July 27, 2009

My weekend



So I know I told you all a little about my weekend, but I really didn't tell you how it all started. Since I don't have much to do right now but take my little furry child out for a walk I will fill you in a bit.


Back on Thursday night, went to do a load of laundry and discovered water throughout my laundry closet. So I finished my load, I needed the clean clothes, and cleaned up the mess. I was looking online that evening to find out how much it was going to cost me to replace. When I looked at Home Depot and Sears I didn't really find anything less than $450, so I proceeded over to craigslist and found one used about 30min away from me for $150 (much more in my buget). The next question who how to get it from point A to point B. Well I really didn't want to spend the money on a new washer and it was stressing out my brain that I just stopped thing about what I was going to do and I just lifted up the situation to my main man, Jesus.


On Friday work was so slow I think I can count on both hands how many times the phone rang. That is besides the point. I still thought about my problem with my washer in fact I complained about it to a few co-workers and proceeded to aske them if they had one they wanted to give me!! They all just looked at me and laughed. I was thinking I would look through the saturday paper and try to find some garage sales that had a washer for sale and I would go take a look at them on Saturday morning after I went to the gym and before I cleaned my room.


It was near lunch and Blevins (a girl that I work with) asked me what I was doing for the weekend, and as I thought about how quiet it was going to be and all the stuff I was going to be able to get done at the house, I told her I am not sure let me look at my calandar, no sooner than I touched my finger to the phone I remembered I had a girls night to go to, oh wait I am suppose to bring dessert too!!! There goes my plan for heading to the gym right after work. Not only that but I need a dessert, a fast, healthy, yummy dessert.


Then later in the day I received an email about the church work day. Then I remembered I told my mom I would meet her in Emporia and help SAG (dad was in the Dealth Ride) on Sunday afternoon after church. So there went my weekend. It was all planned out before friday even really began.




I did find a great dessert. I will put the reciepe below for those of you who are interested. I had a great time watching "The Confessions of a Shopaholic" and eating great Wheat State Pizza and tons of fruit with 4 wonderful women. Then I spent my Saturday day at the church moving tree branches, more like mini trees, and that evening I went and saw G-Force. On Sunday I taught the 4 and 5yr olds then went on down to Emporia to meet up with my parents. It was hot I felt bad for those guys who road those 84.3miles in the heat of the day in the Kansas Desert. After Dad finished he decided that he was going to drive up to KC, about 1.5 hrs to come and take a look at my washer. We went and ate at Noodles and Co., great place by the way, will definately try it there again. We came back to my place and he finshed looking at it around midnight. Needless to say it is only going to cost me about $32. God is so good. He really takes care of me, I need to remember to never doubt the BIG man. =)


Monday morning started out a little earlier than normal. I needed to be out at the Dr. house/office because I had some training online at 8am. It was a conference training so you had to call in. Well when I got to there house there was no one there 7:45 I rang the door bell, thinking I hope they are home, he mentioned going out of town and they weren't at church yesterday....I just hope there here. Rang the door bell no answer, waited...rang again. Went around the house to look in the garage door saw head lights thought Oh good they are home. Back to the front door rang again....no answer, called their house phone....no answer, rang again....no answer. Did I really see headlights? Yes did but they weren't the right car. there was only one car in the garage and it wasn't the van. So I went to work without the training. Now I must set up a new appointment.


Now Monday is about to end in a very relaxing evening. Kayle and I will go out for a little walk and I will come back in do a little bit of reading and then off to bed it will be for me tired eyes.


Thank you Lord for giving me this time of rest after a fun filled weekend of activities.


1 comment:

  1. You forgot to post the recipe! =) I really enjoyed it, so I think you should very soon! I'm so glad you got your washer fixed for so cheap! The Lord is so good when we just wait on Him huh. He always provides =) I hope your week is going good. Don't forget about girls night #2 tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete