Friday, July 17, 2009

Me and My Dog


So lately I have been more bored than ever. Sure there are things I could do, go to the gym, go to the movies, watch a movie at home, and go shopping all of which require me to go alone. Well if you know me, being alone is not an option. So I was on my computer the other day. Just reading around trying to think of something that I could do to get me out and it finally clicked. I have a wonderful dog who loves to hang out with me, what more fun would it be for us to go out and have fun together. Agility classes. I have always wanted to get involved in something with her, weither it be taking her to the hospitals to put a smile on a little childs face, or a nursing home to bring a little joy to the elderly, greeting a solider who doesn't having anyone to greet him when be comes back to the states or even something a bit more active like the agility courses. There is nothing saying we can't do both but the other requires different training which I have had difficulty finding places even when I looked online. Maybe I should ask the vet about it?
Needless to say, I think my mind is made up. I am going to do this, but training class doesn't start until next week, and I may have to wait until Sept. We'll see, though I hope sooner than later.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Jannie. I know this is completely random (and hopefully it doesn't weird you out!), but I saw your post on Kelly's prayer blog and wanted to make sure that you saw my comment about my brother looking for a Godly wife. He's 25, lives in Kansas, and I can't help but think what an adorable couple you two would make! Sorry - I'm a dreamer... If you want more info, feel free to e-mail me at wyattsgal81@yahoo.com. He has no idea I'm doing this and would probably kill me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that sounds like fun! Please let me know how it goes! Our dogs need some serious training, so I'd love to hear some feedback!!:o)

    ReplyDelete