Saturday, July 25, 2009

What a day...


Many of you know this but I will share for those of you who read this but don't necessarily see me or aren't in my everyday life.



Well, my church has been doing alot of building shopping for a long time. I go to a Calvary Chapel here in Johnson County. The church is currently being held in a strip mall and has been for quite some time, as is the same for many Calvary's. For about 6months they have been doing some hard search and found on sometime between Oct. and Dec. Because we serve a God who throws curve balls every now and again nothing had been set in stone until this last Monday when the keys were handed over to Pastor Rick and Pastor Dean.



Now the work begins. Wow!!! I never thought this much work was going to need to go into a building just to get it ready to have fellowship in. Which also helps me decide that I will not be buying a house until I have someone in my life who is going to help with the yard work. It is hard work. Today at the new church, from 9-3:30 we worked outside cutting trees down pulling out the stumps, weeding, digging up bulbs (I will never plant bulbs after what I saw) cutting grass racking and laying mulch. A lot of work was put into what we did, but it definately looks nice after all our hard work. The last time I was that dirty, I went and played in the mud. This was so bad that at the end of the day when we decided to take a group picture in the sun, the dirt on me started to turn to mud. Ewwww nasty!!!!!

Two weeks from now we will be doing more work. Tile tearing up, painting and a few more decorative details. Fun Fun...God is so good! It is time to remember to pray for the community around the church. May God show us how to bless them.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, I am SOOO happy for all of you guys that you finally got a church building! I know that has been a LONG time coming! Definitely a lesson in the fact that it's all about God's timing, and not ours!:o) I would love to be updated on the entire renovation status! Please keep uploading pictures.:o) I'll be watching out for them!! I did get a chance to see the outside of the church, but that's it. So all I'll get to see, is what you show me. Now the pressure is on. haha.:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can so relate! We've been digging, weeding, chopping, planting all summer. I am sore!! Take lots of pictures. You'll share them and tell stories to future generations of how the founding families toiled to prepare God's house. :) What a blessing!!

    ReplyDelete