Tuesday, April 28, 2009

A Horrid Day

Yesterday, I was working at a back desk. I was checking patients out, so I wasn't in front like usual. I noticed while sitting there that the computer time was about 10min fast. I didn't really think about it because I was told just to look at the phone clock to write down the timeline for patients to take meds. It confused me a little throughout the day but I left it at "it is what it is, no questions asked".

The day began to wind down and everyone had left...it was just me. I was suppose to be there until 5. All the computers were turned off except the back desk. I looked at the clock on the computer saw it was almost 5 and then remembered that the computer clock wasn't correct and I was suppose to go by the phone clock. I then sighed because I still had another 10min before I could leave. As I was sitting there I thought to myself. "I wonder why the computer clock is wrong? I will just try and change it." So I did, and as soon as the time changed on the computer I watched the time clock time change too. I then thought to myself, being completely naive to the issue at hand, "Oh no, some of the girls time cards are going to be wrong. I will just leave a note for Colleen to change the times just like they left her a note yesterday to change their times." This was the last thought I had about the ordeal until the next morning.
I am not in the office Tuesday and Thursday, I do their accounting work at their home office. We had called one of the Dr.'s about a question we had. I heard my name and 10min come through the phone and thought oh good they found my note. Next thing I know the previous bookkeeper (Owners wife) tells me how all the girls are TICKED/FURIOUS that I said something about the time on the computer. And at that moment it hit me that this was a bigger issue than just an extra 10min on Wednesday.
It comes out to be 20min a day. 10min at lunch when they clock out and 10min when they clock out at then end of the day. This is a total of 1hr and 40min a week.
My intention was never to "tattle" on anyone, I was just correcting what I thought to be a computer issue. I wasn't trying to play the mother, or prove my morals to be better than anyone else. My fear has finally came. Quicker than I had planned. These girls, my co-workers are not going to like me. They are going to see me as the "tattle tale" the "goodie goodie". All the names that I was associated with while in high school. I never intended to get them in trouble. If I had I would never have left a note out for everyone to see, though I still feel really bad. I am still afraid of their perceptions of me now, but I will be doing my best to give it over to the Lord.



They hate the light because they want to sin in the darkness. They stay away from the light for fear their sins will be exposed and they will be punished. John 3:20

The people of the world will hate you because you belong to me, for they don't know God who sent me. John 15:21

These are 2 verses that the Lord showed me when I started to worry about what my fellow co-workers were going to think of me because of my blatant mistake. I know all in all what I did was right, but knowing how I will be precived is definately an issue, and will make me worry. I hate being a loner. I am kind of glad that I didn't know what I was doing when I did it, because I think this would have been harder on me, and God knew that. Praise God for making me naive!! =)

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you that I might not sin that I might not sin thy word have I hid in my heart.
The rejection will be hard, but not as hard as the eternal punishment had nothing been done. Thank you Lord for protecting me.

3 comments:

  1. Naughty girls (the timeclock girls, not you)! You did the right thing=) I would feel the same way as you, but it was definitely the right thing to do so don't beat yourself up. I'm sure they weren't thinking of how much this was affecting the company, but when you take that 1.40 min a week x however many girls, I think maybe they would realize that they were actually stealing.......that being said, 10 min doesn't seem like a big deal until you add it up so I am sure they weren't thinking of it that way, but God will reveal it to them and I am sure they won't hate you=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jannie that is awful. I'm so sorry! I agree with Erin what they were doing wasn't right. It sucks that you had to be the one who mistakenly figured it out though. =( I like your verses.. the Lord is GOOD and He will not lead you somewhere that is not good for you to go. I will pray for your co-workers hearts. Keep your head up! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so appreciate your honesty Jannie, on many levels!

    ReplyDelete