Monday, April 13, 2009

My last day...

For those of you who don't know, tomorrow is my last day at my current job...a bit exciting and even more scary. I am excited to go home for a couple of days to visit my family and a few friends. Scary because I am going out into a new place, new surrounding, new responsibilities and new expectations, all fear of the unknown. I will be leaving my comfort zone. Today during my exit interview I was asked what I like most about KVC. I told them my co-workers. They are my favorite. Even though I get frustrated with them sometimes the three that I work directly with are AWESOME. I can come in and be myself without having to worry about how annoying and obnoxious they might think I am...they love me for who I am. =) (I have lots of energy in the AM).
The job that I am going to is from the Lord. I had been praying that the Lord would give me an opportunity to learn and grow, something that would challenge what I already knew. God is so good. I didn't have to go too far and in fact he placed the job right in my hands. I know the partners from Church and one day they came to me and asked if I would be interest. I followed up with hesitation and as I continued further into the whole process, I realized the Lord was taking care of me. I had been praying for just the right opportunity. I had been looking at all these large corporations never getting a call back and not really being too excited about applying to the positions that they had available. It was kind of like when I was looking for a job when I first moved to KC 6yrs ago (wholly cow...its been awhile). I had wanted to work at the bank, had an interview very soon after I moved here and then nothing. One month went by and I hadn't heard anything so my mom kept urging me to go and apply elsewhere. I would drive to different places and just cringe at the thought of having to go inside, this went on for another month when finally after several drives through retail parking lots I received a call from the bank, just in time to pay my bills for that month. God is GOOD...he will never leave me nor forsake me. I wasn't comfortable apply to all the jobs my dad or brother-in-law would send but I would do it anyway because I knew my complaining wasn't getting me anywhere, and I had no excuse for it if I wasn't doing anything about it. But God had a plan for me and it wasn't with one of those places that makes me be stiff neck and fake but right where he wanted me, where I can be who he created me to be. Loving, Joyful and Happy!!!!
On Friday I will be spending the day at a seminar with quite a few of my future coworkers. I am not totally sure what the seminar is about, but I am looking forward to learning and understanding the business.
May the Lord continue to direct me, teach me and help me be strong and courageous through this next portion of my journey.




I will let you know how my first day goes.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to hear how your first day goes! It's so cool to see how the Lord has brought you through this process, those agonizing thoughts and questions he provided answers and it's great to hear all that He has done! I'm so excited for you Jannie!! I hope your last day at KVC goes ok, I know it is bitter sweet, but praise the Lord you know that you are in His hands and following Him! =) Have a good week at home

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations...I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete