Monday, January 24, 2011

89 Days and Counting

I came home today from work thinking about how I needed to email my family about reserving a room at the ONE hotel in Baldwin City (the town were I'm getting married). So I sat down and wrote an email that took me forever to write and as I was writing it it really started to hit me.
Here I am writing and email to my family about hotels to reserve for my wedding. "MY WEDDING". Holy cow, it is going to be MY WEDDING. People are going to come to celebrate with Andrew and I as we give up our singleness to commit the rest of our lives to one another. Not only is it crazy I am actually getting married, but what a blessing it is going to be for our family and friends joins us as we make that decision.
Sometimes I just get this hint of realization that it is all happening and I get super excited on the inside. I spent so much time worring and fretting about who God had for me and the "what if God doesn't...", and look God has blessed me with a wonderful man who loves Him first and foremost but who also loves and cares endlessly for me. God is so good.
Now I am just praying that the Lord can really help me keep my cool over the next couple of months as the planning process continues and Andrew and I learn more about one another and decisions start to be made. It will all work out I know because God has never failed me! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment